Valhalla  
вернуться   Valhalla > English > Common forums > Flame

результат опроса: Do you find American politics offensive?
Yes 17 68,00%
No 1 4,00%
In a way, yes 6 24,00%
In a way, no 0 0%
I don't know 1 4,00%
проголосовавших: 25. вы ещё не голосовали в этом опросе

Дерево 1спасибо

Для отправления сообщений необходима Регистрация

опции темы
старый 05.06.2005, 14:52   #21

Проживание: у озера

Цитата:
I wish you didn't have such a bad feeling about us
That's exactly what I think when other countries start on Russia.
старый 06.06.2005, 12:01   #22
waj

Проживание: San Diego, California, USA

Цитата:
That's exactly what I think when other countries start on Russia.
I know most of you do, at least you should. You should love your country, after all it's your family, loved ones and friends that are important.
старый 06.06.2005, 15:02   #23

Проживание: не секрет... в Москве

you forget that we speak not on the matter of people living in this or that country, but policy its government runs....
старый 06.06.2005, 21:55   #24
waj

Pretty, basicaly yes, but you said above "It's the persons (individuals) that build any system..."

You see the problem is that when one speaks of his/her own people, he's referring to knowlege and expieriences of the people he's surrounded by, the 'people'. When one speaks of other countries he uses what's available for knowledge, namely the newspaper or what can be worse the internet.
старый 07.06.2005, 10:39   #25

Проживание: не секрет... в Москве

as far as politics is concerned, I never stick to Internet or Mass Media opinion. I draw my conclusions after having read a lot of serious books on this matter...

I can't refer government of a country to the people that inhabit it. these are things that tend to be opposite....
старый 07.06.2005, 10:51   #26

Проживание: South Park

Цитата:
The so-called reconstruction era was a period of continued hatred of the Union ...
And this is quite understandable hatred I have to say. When somebody comes to your home and destroys it you are not going to love this person. Slavery of course had to be modified in due course, but abolishing it so rapidly and thoughtlessly just brought more problems than it solved. And after all slavery was just an excuse for northern intriguers to start the war between states - the reasons were way deeper than that.
старый 07.06.2005, 14:26   #27
waj

Hindsight is always much clearer than foresight, there have been a great number of apologists that have tried and even to this day try to find excuses for one reason or another.

Understandably the Civil War is one of the most controversial periods in American history, but the truth of the matter is that the "deeper reasons" all were the result of a long series of events that can be tied directly or indirectly to slavery and human rights.
старый 10.06.2005, 06:51   #28

Проживание: South Park

Цитата:
...but the truth of the matter is...
Quid est veritas?

Цитата:
to slavery and human rights.
I am not quite sure that the expression "human rights" existed at that time.
старый 10.06.2005, 08:23   #29
waj

Цитата:
Quid est veritas?
The truth is obvious, if your a student of American History.

Цитата:
I am not quite sure that the expression "human rights" existed at that time.
It's called "The Emancipation Proclamation"
старый 13.06.2005, 10:05   #30

waj,
The vietnam war, for example, was just a stupid waste of american and vietnamese lifes, nothing else. If you think that you can have your own vision point - why can't you allow other countries to have one?
The simplicity of this problem is obvious - many of American presidents (especially from after secon world war period and until now) have made catastrofficaly many errors. Thats one of the reasons of dollars fall. But... when, for example, Russia has it's own problems, your president comes, and talks about 'Russian democracy is not enough' (or something of that kind, I can't exactly remember it up to now) can you call it a fair policy?
старый 28.07.2005, 20:20   #31

Проживание: Koryazhma, Archangelsk Province

Цитата:
Dansker
American politics was always a big discussion, but can you actually say, that their politics are offensive?

But please, don't flood, OK=)
Why do you use Past Indefinite in your message as if American policy ceased to exist? Poor knowledge of English or an early epitaph to American politics?
старый 06.08.2005, 20:18   #32

Проживание: Shetland Islands, Scotland

Everybody seems to forget......not intentionally being anti-yank lol.......the biggest aggressor over the past 40 - 50 years has been America.......and its over-powering obsession to dominate and thrust its ideology onto other countries around the world. Lets not forget, America has around 60% of the arms dealing market and development......and has, as a result of this greed of money, installed dictators of all sorts to control and exploit those countries resources etc etc. Since 1960, America has been involved, implicated and responsible for over 20,000,000 deaths of civilians.....but there is no mention of the atrocities this country has committed.......oh, yes, the USA is our friend and ally.

When it comes to other countries, like the middle-east, showing its dislike for US Foreign Policy, it is.........unfortunately.... understandable to a degree why this is so. Double-standards and hypocracy are the main objectives to the political policies of the US, and the west.......to a degree.

After 9/11, where 3,000 or so people were killed, Bush and his war mongering hawks have used this as an excuse to thrust these foreign policies even further......... not for moral, civilised reasons but for commercial greed and control. In the game of politics, the loss of 3,000 of your own civilians is not even a drop in the ocean.......think on it
старый 07.08.2005, 02:57   #33

Проживание: Shetland Islands, Scotland

In todays international political climate, it is not surprising to see there is much xenophobia, yank-bashing against the States. The question one must ask, why is this so? Since the ending of the so-called ' cold war ', in 1989, America, has dominated, or try to, the political arena, but moreover, since 9/11, it has been highlighted and brought to the worlds attention the USA Foreign Economic Policies. Ever since the creation of an Israeli State (1947), which the british were forced to comply with, America, has used foreign policy to thrust its ideology forward. In many cases, although not directly involved, via war and arms trading. I am not anti-yank, put bluntly, but one certainly has to question a country which professes to preach liberty, freedom and justice for all, but at the same time be the perpetrators of war and the stripping off such ideals.
старый 09.08.2005, 21:40   #34

Freyjas Einheri,
Sorry, it can happen if you think in Danish and write message at the same time.
старый 22.05.2013, 19:14   #35
banned

Цитата:
Snowgirl посмотреть сообщение
They are mostly stupid, one more can I say
Alas. Some people are really stupid and that's too sad but some else - and you're a good proof for that - are really dumb-cunted and I'm not entirely sure what's worse...
Цитата:
waj посмотреть сообщение
All I can say to those that like to bash us, open your eyes and hearts. Push the anger aside.
... you guys in no way would be surprised to know that even now, after well 8 years, it's the same old tune still bothering the human minds, and not quite a surprise for me to see that the only intelligible voice's coming from over Atlantic, from a countryman (a high five to SD/CA) damned if I know how dropped in at this thread.

But why the hell be ashamed and (what absolute nonsense is) make excuses for the obvious? I juz can't geddit. We know how bizarrely brave people can be when everything's booming and they're happy and upbeat and how pathetic they are in times of need. We've seen it all in 1939-1945 and learned that lesson too well. So as before if some of'em do really think of the US foreign policy as of something hostile and potentially hazardous - don't make'em discomfort themselves thinking twice and let'em keep on doing this way for nobody cares, really.

I always remember the old Lord Palmerston once said 'We have no eternal allies, and we have no perpetual enemies. Our interests are eternal and perpetual, and those interests it is our duty to follow'. Anyway, it applied to 'mother England' but it kinda suits the hysteria round the US. We're doing what we're doing cuz we can do it and no shitloadz of moaning gonna change a thing.
Juz live with it!

's too bad there ain't any English version for that but it's no prob I assume;
старый 09.04.2014, 10:56   #36
banned

Проживание: )

1:4..................
Sponsored Links
Для отправления сообщений необходима Регистрация

опции темы