![]() |
|
|
#81 |
|
Member
Регистрация: 11.2004
Возраст: 45
Сообщений: 273
|
Noora,
Yeah well I understand that. So different languages, especially Finnish=) Now THAT'S something...=) Where are you from may I know? |
|
|
#82 |
|
гость
Сообщений: n/a
|
Ah.
Biblical Hebrew is my passion nowadays. I think I love it! :^) It's so... Logical... Can't explain. But it's beautiful indeed. [ADDED=jartur]1125309946[/ADDED] דִּבֶּר דָּבָר for example. Isn't it beautiful? Without מָסוֹרָה it would be דבר דבר Cool
|
|
|
#83 |
|
Member
Регистрация: 10.2004
Сообщений: 815
Репутация: 0 | 0
|
jartur, I'd like to learn Hebrew, too, but I guess I'll have no time for it.. It's great.
|
|
|
#84 |
|
Member
Регистрация: 11.2004
Возраст: 45
Сообщений: 273
|
jartur,
That is SO beautiful... Ahm... But... What the hack does it mean? (דִּבֶּר דָּבָר ) |
|
|
#85 |
|
гость
Сообщений: n/a
|
Cavedweller, ah that's THE problem.
Dansker, [one] tell[s] [a] word. [ADDED=jartur]1125324203[/ADDED] Ah yes. It's pronounced as [dibb'er da:v'a:r], [r] is like in Deutsch or Hebrew ( alike the French one ). [ADDED=jartur]1125324374[/ADDED] And מָסוֹרָה is [ma:sor'a:] which word is used to call all the Biblical Hebrew points, accents, punctuation, etc. Because of masorets, who were the scientist and inventors of the system. [ADDED=jartur]1125324606[/ADDED] In fact מָסוֹרָה means 'legend, tradition' and these scientists were called masorets because of the word. |
|
|
#86 |
|
Member
Регистрация: 12.2004
Проживание: Seitsemännessä kerroksessa
Сообщений: 247
Репутация: 0 | 0
|
jartur, how much languages do you speak at all?
|
|
|
#87 |
|
гость
Сообщений: n/a
|
Teemu, I'm afraid... none of 'em, you know
![]() I DO STUDY some of 'em. But don't speak 'em. Russian is not as good as I would like it to be. English is much farther from ideal. French is as bad as dead cat. All others... I'm going to finish my Finnish grammar until New Year. Meanwhile have some Biblical Hebrew. Then back to Ancient Greek, then refresh and regain Latin. Hmm... then Spanish. Improve French. Danish, Icelandic, Swedish, Norwegian after. Then Chinese, Japanese. Tibetan, of course. Sanskrt and Pali are on the way. Vakhan just for fun. And then I suppose to die ![]() P.S. Polsky is obligature, cuz I've bought the book laready
|
|
|
#88 |
|
Member
Регистрация: 10.2004
Сообщений: 815
Репутация: 0 | 0
|
jartur, you're just like me, but I myself am more concentrated on Germanic branch of Indoeuropean. I can speak English, I learn Swedish, Norwegian, Icelandic, Faroese, soon Finnish, then German, Ancient languages like Gothic, Ancient Greek, Old English, Latin (in the University)), Hebrew, Arabian, Arameic probably, Frisian, Netherlands, Mongolian, etc etc etc. I don't plan my death, however
|
|
|
#89 |
|
Member
Регистрация: 12.2004
Проживание: Seitsemännessä kerroksessa
Сообщений: 247
Репутация: 0 | 0
|
And I'm learning Finnish and Estonian now... Estonian is a bit more difficult than Finnish:horror: I'm a lunguophile, like you, jartur, Cavedweller
But I'm more concentrated on languages, that are spoken in Europe (Indoeuropean and Finno-Ugric).Of Asian languages I like only Japanese, cuz Japan is a big mystery for me After Finnish and Estonian I'd like to learn Scandinavian(especially Icelandic and Faroese) and maybe Baltic (I know Latvian a little). And maybe then I will learn some Asian, like Chinese and Hebrew, maybe Armenian ![]() [ADDED=Teemu]1125337999[/ADDED] I forgot about Inuit(Greenlandic). Is anyone interested in it? |
|
|
#90 |
|
Member
Регистрация: 10.2004
Сообщений: 815
Репутация: 0 | 0
|
Yes, it is very interesting as well. Take the lot of words for 'ice'
and 'seal'
|
|
|
#91 |
|
гость
Сообщений: n/a
|
Unuktitut or Kalaallisut are very interesting, yeah.
And I've forgot about Nahuatl ( Aztec language ), Tzotlil ( the language of some American tribe ) and of course Tsalagi ( aka Cherokee, the language of Cherokee tribe ). Cavedweller, I've made up some rearrangement. I suppose to die a li'l later now
|
|
|
#92 |
|
Junior Member
Регистрация: 09.2005
Проживание: Фўннингўр, Фарерские Острова
Возраст: 44
Сообщений: 66
|
Hi, there.
I'm Faroese, and thus I speak Faroese and Danish fluently. In addition, I speak English and German, and am quite capable of speaking understandable Norwegian and Swedish. The list of languages, I want to learn, is very long, but it's pretty much restriced to the I-E language family. Thus, Slovak, Ukrainian, Albanian, Armenian, Ossetic, Romanian, Spanish etc. are languages, I'd like to learn some day. Of course, there are off-shoots to other non-I-E-languages. These include Finnish, Karelian, other small Uralic languages, Nenets, Arabic, Hebrew and maybe Greenlandic. |
|
|
#93 | |
|
Member
Регистрация: 08.2004
Проживание: Moskva, Venemaa
Сообщений: 320
Репутация: 0 | 0
|
Цитата:
![]() I've learnt Swedish and Norwegian (mostly Nynorsk) and can even write them very fluently (enough for chatting in ICQ) but I can't say that I really do speak them. Also I learn German, Faroese and Afrikaans. Once I tried to learn Icelandic but I failed It is so complicated! I'm planning to begin with Spanish as well. There are other languages also I want to learn - such as Mongolian, Kiswahili, Euskara and so on - but I don't think it is possible at the moment.And of course I learnt English at school. |
|
|
|
#94 |
|
Junior Member
Регистрация: 10.2005
Проживание: Russia
Сообщений: 1
Репутация: 0 | 0
|
Dia anseo! Help me, please. In russian language there are many answers which don't give certain information for the question (often rhymed). "-kto?- kon' v pal'to", for instance. Would you be so kind to exemplify such meaningless answers from languages you know?(Gaeilge,in particular)
|
|
|
#95 |
|
Junior Member
Регистрация: 09.2005
Проживание: Фўннингўр, Фарерские Острова
Возраст: 44
Сообщений: 66
|
Heidning, would you consider Icelandic to be more complicated than Faroese? I need an outside perspective.
|
|
|
#96 |
|
Member
Регистрация: 08.2004
Проживание: Moskva, Venemaa
Сообщений: 320
Репутация: 0 | 0
|
Those, who never learnt any of the languages, usually think that both are allmost the same. Or even that Faroese is more complicated, if they are acquainted a bit with Icelandic. But I see now - having tried to learn both of them - that Icelandic grammar is much more complicated. Especially verb conjugation:
For example the verb eiga: ég á ----- eg eigi þú átt ----- tú eigur hann á ----- hann eigur við eigum ----- vit eiga þið eigið ----- tit eiga þeir eiga ----- teir eiga It shows very well that it's easier to learn to use verbs in Faroese than in Icelandic. Even weak aði-verbs can have soundchanges in Icelandic (kalla - köllum)! And we mustn't forget that in addition to that Icelandic verbs have full conjugation in conjunctive. Isn't it sufficient?
|
|
|
#97 |
|
Junior Member
Регистрация: 09.2005
Проживание: Фўннингўр, Фарерские Острова
Возраст: 44
Сообщений: 66
|
Yes, thanks, that'll suffice.
![]() I've always known, that Faroese is easier (well, I shouldn't speak really, since it's native to me), but it seems like the buzz isn't quite out on Faroese yet. OR it might also be why many people prefer Biblical Hebrew over Modern Hebrew or Ancient Greek over Modern Greek, the immense historical value of Icelandic. Of course, concerning the buzz, I'm trying my best, but it's not that easy being alone. Anyway, I want to talk about another language, Slovak: Any native speakers here? How is it compared to Russian (the only Slavic language I know something of)? What about it's great semivowels Ĺ and Ŕ? Easy or hard to learn? Etc. etc.
|
|
|
#98 | |
|
Senior Member
Регистрация: 11.2005
Проживание: Vínland
Сообщений: 2.796
Репутация: 0 | 0
|
Цитата:
Syllabic L & R, from my point of view, are not that difficult at all, sounds of Faroese are much more sophisticated... |
|
|
|
#99 | |
|
Junior Member
Регистрация: 09.2005
Проживание: Фўннингўр, Фарерские Острова
Возраст: 44
Сообщений: 66
|
Цитата:
And one more question: What's the difference between Czech/Slovak Ď and English J? Is Ď just a soft D? |
|
|
|
#100 | ||
|
Senior Member
Регистрация: 11.2005
Проживание: Vínland
Сообщений: 2.796
Репутация: 0 | 0
|
Цитата:
Цитата:
|
||
| Для отправления сообщений необходима Регистрация |
|
|
| Реклама | |
|
|