Valhalla  
вернуться   Valhalla > Тематические форумы > Музыка > [Музыкальные Релизы / Music Releases]
Для отправления сообщений необходима Регистрация

старый 12.03.2007, 15:20   #1

Проживание: Moscow
Flag Fin Nest - Trail Of The Unwary (2007)

*Artist: Nest
*Album: Trail Of The Unwary
*Year: 2007
*Style: Ambient / Folk
*Format/Quality: mp3@224kbit/s, Stereo/Joint-Stereo
*Size: 83.50 MB

Tracklist:
1. Moonbow (10:39)
2. Claw And Fang (8:39)
3. Kontio (4:45)
4. Hunt (15:04)
5. The Mire (7:11)
6. The Turning Of The Tides (10:31)
7. Across The Waters (11:29)
Total playing time: 68:18

http://ifolder.ru/1318993

History

Building of the Nest began in summer 1999. The materials used for building were decided early on, and we agreed that atmospheric acoustic and ambient would provide the best natural qualities to sustain us though the challenges of the Finnish wilderness.

Nest's first offering, a demo going by the name of 'Fabled Lore' was released in 2000. The feedback was surprisingly positive so we had no reason not to continue. This also brought us to our next challenge, which was to get our music professionally released, and surprisingly enough that happened when we got a chance to release our next offering 'Hidden Stream' on a split CD with a Norvegian melodic bm band Isafjord in 2001.

Next in the line of things growing in the Nest was our first full-length album 'Woodsmoke'. This landmark in our history was released in 2003 by Corvus Records with whom we've stayed since. It was also celebrated with a couple of gigs supporting none other than Tenhi. Following this the Nestlings took time to perform elswhere too, and A.T. ended up playing the kantele on Shape of Despair's 'Illusions' Play' album before returning to the Nest to release a split 10" vinyl with Agalloch in 2004 - an album which was noted for being as visually pleasing as it was aurally.

Afterwards Nest took it's time to evolve and hone their output. We spent a couple of years composing new material that honestly ended up as the strongest we've done yet. Everything we had done before went under review and we improved everything we could to the best of our abilities. The fruits of this labor can be heard in the 2007 album 'Trail of the Unwary', and also on a special Skepticism tribute album for which we made our own interpretation of 'The Gallant Crow'.

The future is open...

Reviews for Nest's Woodsmoke

Incredibly Atmospheric, peaceful music. - 78%
Written by paganworship on April 24th, 2006

To be fully truthful, I remembered not liking this album the first listen... which is the reason I only listened to it once. I don’t really know what I was thinking, since this is great. This style of music, really isn’t for everyone, as it relies heavily on atmosphere, less on a basic structure of simple music. It’s definately something that I think we need more of in the world, however just isn’t accepted as a ‘good’ style of music by most. This is art in the form of music, and it’s definately somewhat of an ‘impressionist’ type piece.

I really believe that this album shouldn’t be multiple songs, I feel that each of the tracks are useless apart, but play a greater role synonymously. This is clearly meant to reflect a certain atmosphere created by nature, and it damn well does that job completely. The first four tracks are very similiar in structure; Very much lead with a similiar sounding Kantele melody, and basslines, as well as ethereal drumming. The drumming is basically hidden and coexists with the music, without much power over the tune at all. It’s incredibly integrated into the music, and makes everything feel nice and paced. As soon as Summer Storm comes along, everything changes a little bit. The Kantele, though played just as prominantly as the past songs, is played at a convincingly different melody, and has a lot more breaks than before. This instrument is the single most beautiful thing I’ve ever heard in my life. It’s so unbelievably captivating, and awe-inspiring, you’ll not help but get shivers with every note that gets played.

When listening to this, I imagine animals running in slow motion, being animals. I imagine flowing water, with leaves fluttering down a rushing stream. I picture a large bird soaring over a massive rock formation. Rabbits hopping about, living life without a care. I see untouched land, beautiful, free, and without the taint of the human race. Never has one band given me this imagery with just the sounds of instruments and occasional vocals. The vocals I might add, though coming in very small doses, are very effective. They aren’t necessarily comprhensible, but it makes no difference, because chances are, what he’s saying is going through your head as the music plays ever so melodicly.

This album is not without flaws though. Because many of the melodies feel similiar, it tends to seem a bit old on subsequent listens, and, this is essentially the reason I would have preferred to see this as one track. If I’m getting multiple tracks, I would like to see more variation. That’s not saying the entire album is exactly the same, as there are points in the record where, the whole mood shifts, but that’s after two to four tracks of similiar sounding melodies.

In short, and overall, this album is a brilliant work of art. My biggest complaint is that it’s fairly short compared to many other albums in this style, and I just never want the sound of the Kantele to stop. If you are a fan of nature, ambient music, light folk music, or Agalloch... I recommend this to you. If you are a metal newbie, this may be hard to stomach properly.
Для отправления сообщений необходима Регистрация

Тэги
nest, trail, unwary