Valhalla  
вернуться   Valhalla > Тематические форумы > Музыка > [Музыкальные Релизы / Music Releases]
Для отправления сообщений необходима Регистрация

старый 19.03.2007, 23:55   #1

Проживание: Moscow
Flag Nor Northaunt - The Ominous Silence (2001), Dark Ambient

*Artist: Northaunt
*Album: The Ominous Silence
*Year: 2001
*Style: Dark Ambient
*Format/Quality: mp3@192kbit/s, Stereo/Joint-Stereo
*Size: 86.27 MB

Tracklist:
1. Might and Misanthropy 12:55
2. Northaunt 07:21
3. Der bor en frost her inne 03:40
4. De sorte traer 05:20
5. Running out of time 05:03
6. In rain 01:49
7. And I fade away 07:28
8. Pain in better 07:14
9. Ode 12:14
Total playing time: 63:04

Скачать / Download:
http://www.axifile.com/?7310451

Artist Review: / Album Review:

Current line-up
Кetil S. - all guitars
Нaerleif I. Recordings, synth and sound design

Interwiev Martwy Zmierzch

"Northaunt started in 1996, our aim was and is to create atmospheric, melancholic ambient mixing environmental recordings and minimalistic melodic elements(usually piano or guitar). Treated nature sounds, samples and bits of melodies mix and flow like ice down a stream. We make landscapes from sound, and sounds from landscapes. Landscapes we all know somewhere inside our hollow vessels. Places we long for, places we have been. A deeper understanding lies hidden in man, man`s relationship with his instincts, and his own nature." This is good introduction to this short interview here...

1. Hi Hcrleif! First of all please explain the name of your project and inform about the aim of it...

Hello Martwy Zmierzch and all readers. The name Northaunt is of course made out of North and haunt, but unlike some people think, it is not we who are supposed to haunt the north, but the North that haunts us. Meaning it was our main inspirational trigger when we started. The landscape is still important, if not the most important thing for Northaunt, it is what we long for, and this (where we are now) is what we long away from. The Nordic landscape in its grey lonesomeness, its slow disintegration, and its uninterest in LIFE, is a reminder of what we are, and so the songs deal just as much with existential problems and thoughts. To me these things are sides of the same coin. The Purpose of Northaunt is to recreate all these things in music, for enjoyment in old age when we can no longer hide in the mountains or walk in the rain (because, as you may have understood, we see a strange beauty in this sadness also).

2. Northaunt has just appeared on the 2 x 7"ep 4-way split by Fluttering Dragon called `Serene Moments` together with Nacht, Umbra and Shinjuku Thief. Can you tell me about your track on that disc and the music that can be found there?

The Nacht track I mastered for her, it`s in the old style, (aghastish) and our track is one from "Barren Land" with a different ending. I don`t know much else since I haven`t received any copies of this release from FDR yet, but I like both Umbra and Shinjuku so I?m looking forward to hearing it.

3. Lately you was also involved in work for Objective - Subjective label and they have released three-inch CDR called `In the midst of life, we are in death` and as far as I know this is one of the twelth chapters called`Watchmen`...

The CDr series is based on Alan Moor`s "Watchmen" comic that was released in 12 chapters back in 1986-87. It`s a very bleak and dark comic set in a reality where masked "heros" tries in vain to make the world a better place at the same time as the real problem is the threat of nuclear war. The comic is awesome and we decided to make a 21minute track for this one even after we found out about the extreme limitations on the release (111 copies of each chapter). Our track is a long ambient soundscape trying to communicate some of the bleak mood in the series. Sound wise it doesn`t differ much from our other recent works though.

4. Both of your full-lenght albums has been released by Polish record label Fluttering Dragon. What do you think about it and about reliability of Xak?

FDR releases are often very good no matter what people say about his (Xak`s) rather poor customer and even band handling. Distribution is going surprisingly well considering the amount of bad feedback we get from people trying to contact him. For us the worst thing is that he is so uncommunicative. Other than that he has done what we expected of a small label.

5. You are now working on the 3rd album. Who and when is going to release it and are we going to hear some more vocals?

It`s in the making right now and so far there`s no vocals at all! I think it will be a less melodic cd this time, more soundscape and drones. We hope to release it on Cyclic Law Records in Canada sometime this winter.

6. Being at the topic of vocals maybe you can remember the discussion about the Nacht`s contribution or not? I know that in fact she has given her voice on the `The Ominous Silence` album...

I am a bit tired of this subject. What is the problem? Her wordless vocals on the last track are outstanding! no lyric could express such cold. Some people are expecting something different I guess, however I fail to understand why.

7. What is your opinion on Aghast`s `Hexerei Im Zweilicht Der Finsternis` album that was created both by Nacht and Nebel?

It`s one of those classic albums that came out, primitive and straight to the point. I like it.

8. Aghast has released this album through Cold Meat Industry. I`m curious if you ever had an offer from Mr Karmanik himself to release album for CMI?

No we never talked to them.

9. Are you involved in any other projects as many persons from dark ambient /noise / industrial scene are?

I have some dormant projects but nothing active at the moment no.

10. I very liked the visualization of your music with the video track added on your first album. Are you going to repeat it sometime in the future?

It takes a lot of time since I do everything myself, but I hope to make another video someday. It`s easier to do other peoples videos in fact, So far I`ve made the one for Svartsinn` second cd and most of the video for the new Sophia cd (Deconstruction?).

11. You live in Norway, in the land of fjords and mountains... Is the nature one and only inspiration for you when it comes for the music?

See question 1. We hope to evoke much deeper emotions, and not just nature imagery.

12. Some people are of opinion that Northaunt`s music is boring and lame, they can not find the beauty hidden inside... Are you paying attention to the others opinions about the music you create or are you individualist following your own path?

I like to hear what people say, even complaints. If I`m happy with my own work it doesn`t bother me.

13. S. Freud has written - `Religion is comparable to a childhood neurosis. What is your opinion on this topic? Do religions only restrain humans and obstruct ones will from progress and evolution?

No evolution can ever take the sadness of the world away, and mankind is too weak and dependant on the lies to be changed. Some evolution goes on of course no matter what we do, and maybe one day we will be brainless people supported by machines, and have no worries at all, but would that be any better? Anyway I think Freud wrote that at a time when religion imposed greater limitations on people than now. These days religion is very adaptable, and serious discussion banned, so that everyone can make up their own god and figure out what he wants as it suits themself.

14. That`s all I think so thanks for your time and answer, if there`s anything you want to add, here?s your last chance...

For those who care there are more info and some music on www.northaunt.com
Для отправления сообщений необходима Регистрация

Тэги
northaunt, ominous, silence, (2001), dark, ambient